Sarah and Giles celebrated their intimate wedding with their closest friends and family. With the sun shining surrounded by their loved ones, including their son and daughter, the day couldn’t have been better. This fashion forward bride wore the Chartres dress with the Merletti overskirt and cool Demi Chevron belt. Read on to learn more about Sarah’s tips on how to still feel like yourself on your big day.
1.Please describe the style of your wedding
Intimate, we had 44 people including our 2 children. We wanted it to be relaxed and filled with a room of people we love
2. When and where did your partner propose to you?
In 2014 in Bali when I was 6 months pregnant with our daughter - It was on New Years Eve on the beach in the pouring rain!
3. Which dress did you choose and why? And where did you buy it from?
The Chatres with the Merletti overskirt with a gold chevron belt from the main show room in Queens Park. My husband has known Charlie for years and he came to the first appointment - I wanted something simple that still felt like it was my style.
4. How was your experience shopping for your wedding dress? ( was it easy, was it memorable, was it fun?, was the decision tough?)
It was incredible! I don't cry easily, I tried a couple of other dresses first but when I tried mine on my emotions got the better of me and I started to cry. The service was fantastic on every appointment.
5. What would your advice be to other brides shopping for a wedding dress?
Find a style that suits your regular style so you feel yourself and confident on the day.
6.How did you feel after you had ordered your dress?
Super excited!! It was only a few months before our wedding day.
7. What shoes did you wear?
Prada white strappy sandals.
8. Did you struggle finding the right lingerie that worked with your dress, if so would you recommend anything for future brides?
No I was recommended to try the Pantry underwear and they found me something suitable on my first visit.
9. Who did your hair & make-up and how did you find them?
I did it myself - I had my hair colour done a few weeks before and just wore my hair down like I usually would but would a little more care and attention!
For my make up I watched a Charlotte Tilbury tutorial of how she did Kate Moss' make up for her wedding and then did it myself.
10.Where and when did you get married?
2nd March 2019 at York House in Richmond followed by the reception at Petersham Nurseries in Richmond.
11. How did you feel walking down the aisle?
Really nervous but I had my dad and daughter Marlowe by my side - I walked down the aisle to 'Sarah' by Thin Lizzy sung and played on guitar by 2 of Giles oldest friends.
12. What traditions did you follow? (Think something old, new, borrowed and blue.)
None - the only formal part was the wedding then it was just like a big lunch - it was so much fun and really relaxed.
13. Did your wedding have any quirky or unusual features?
When my husband Giles started his speech with the Bee Gees song 'How Deep is your love' and everyone in the room joined in.
15. Who took your wedding pictures?
16. If you could do it all again, would you do anything differently?
No it was perfect - even the weather was amazing, the sun came out as we walked out of the registry office.
17. Did you find organising your wedding an easy process? What parts were easy and what parts were trickier?
I'm very lucky as Giles did most of the organising - I just dressed myself & the children, tasted the wine and sorted the flowers. Everything else Giles did.
18.What will you do with your dress now?
Just look at it!!... The dress I will totally wear for an event and my daughter has her eye on the skirt but she cant have it yet.
19.What are you and your husband's best memories of the day?
Looking around the room and seeing everyone laughing, smiling and having fun. Even our 13 month old little boy Phoenix was well behaved all day. He wore a navy tracksuit as he was meant to walk down the aisle but instead sat at the front eating snacks with his sister. Marlowe was our ring bearer and she loved being a part of the day.
Don't stress the day goes so quickly
Enjoy yourself and relax - people are there for you and don't care if it goes to plan
Wear your shoes with socks before the wedding so they are comfortable on the day
Make sure you get some time on the day just you and your husband