Presenting Charlie Brear’s #FridayBridE STILI
Stili and Antti had a relaxed seaside wedding celebrating their multicultural mix of Bulgarian and Finnish with hints of Bulgarian tradition highlighted throughout the day. Stili wore the Charlie Brear Wren dress which she knew was the one as soon as she tried it on. This off the shoulder, lace gown was completed with a colourful flower crown, switching into a fringe dress for a fun evening look. Continue reading to learn how Stili planned her wedding abroad.
1.Please describe the style of your wedding
Rustic, vintage, multicultural mix of Bulgarian and Finnish culture, sea view.
2. When and where did your partner propose to you?
27 June, 2016, climbing up Mount Fuji, Japan
3. Which dress did you choose and why? And where did you buy it from?
I chose 2 vintage dresses from Charlie Brear. I fell in love them for the first sight. I love vintage dresses!
4. How was your experience shopping for your wedding dress? ( was it easy, was it memorable, was it fun?, was the decision tough?)
It was a tough decision because I found so many beautiful dresses but as soon as I put on these ones I knew it was the right one. We also got lot of support from the shop assistants.
5. What would your advice be to other brides shopping for a wedding dress?
Take a friend with you! And give yourself plenty of time to try on all the beautiful dresses!
6.How did you feel after you had ordered your dress?
7. What shoes did you wear?
Vintage gold sandals with small heel.
8. Did you struggle finding the right lingerie that worked with your dress, if so would you recommend anything for future brides?
No I knew what I wanted.
9. Who did your hair & make-up and how did you find them?
My really good friend Kristel Tamm, she is a renowned Finnish hairdresser.
10.Where and when did you get married?
9 September 2018, Art Complex Anel, Sozopol, Bulgaria
11. How did you feel walking down the aisle?
I felt very emotional and special.
12. What traditions did you follow? (Think something old, new, borrowed and blue.)
We included some very old Bulgarian traditions.
13. Did your wedding have any quirky or unusual features?
We had 65 guests from 18 different countries. And friends who are professional musicians performed during the evening. One of them is a lead singer in the Choir Mystery of Bulgarian Voices with musicians from the National Bulgarian Radio Folk Orchestra.
14. What was the funniest moment of the day?
The Bulgarian tradition of feeding each other with wedding cake blindfolded.
15. Who took your wedding pictures?
16. If you could do it all again, would you do anything differently?
I would book a professional wedding planner so I could spend more time with my friends on the big day.
17. Did you find organising your wedding an easy process? What parts were easy and what parts were trickier?
It was trickier to organise it abroad but I had lots of help from my friends and family.
18.What will you do with your dress now?
I haven’t decided yet. Since I’m a professional violinist I’m looking into dying the fabric so I could were them as concert dresses.
19.What are you and your husband's best memories of the day?
My husband says how beautiful I looked in my dresses. During our first dance next to the sea there was a refreshingly cool rain shower it felt we were blessed by the gods.
1. Plan in advance 2. Make lists 3. Accept help 4. Create mood boards 5. Try to eat!
Ceremony Venue - Art Complex Anel/Sozopol/ Bulgaria
Reception Venue - Art Complex Anel
Photographer/Videographer - Polina Ilieva
Shoes & Accessories - Chanel and second hand
Bridesmaids' dresses - H&M vintage style
Rings - Danish handmade
Florist - Kamelia Stoicheva
Entertainment - Dj Eppu from Finland and Dj Elien from Bulgaria
Cake Supplier - Sweet bakery miss Anett
Hair & Make-up - Kristel Tamm
Stili WAS A VISION In her Charlie Brear dress
browse our bridal collection to find a style like Stili’s dress and see many more options
Did you catch last Month’s friday bride, Kayleigh?
Our cool bride walked down the aisle in an Iconic Collection dress